Sunday, November 8, 2009

Diet Coke and Food Network


Diet Coke takes a special place in my heart. I'm not necessarily proud of that, but it's just a fact. My mother drinks diet coke too, and i believe the love is genetic. It helps me a lot during late night sewing. A brand new can of diet coke-- cold, fizzy, fresh-- ahhh. There is nothing better. Plus i like the little, red, heart disease dress on the side.

That sounds bad...

Now, I need to have some sort of noise on in the background when I sew. It helps to have one's mind distracted just a titch when sewing time exceeds 3 to 4 hours. I like to feel part of the world when I have to focus. I only sit in the talking section of the library, too. Ironically, the noise helps me focus more.

Today is Sunday, so I didn't do much sewing. HA. I took off the entire skirt of my dress, took out the pleats, and am currently putting in gathers. The pleats weren't hanging right. I had already edge stitched the yoke facing and everything. It took me over two hours to redo it all. Pretty good time, no champ status mind you, but a decent 2nd place.

When will I be first in the giant sewing race? Is there a race, or have I made it up in my mind, due to my tendency to compare myself to others? When will I be just an impeccable sewer like Dr. Burnham and all those girls in beginning sewing right now who are simply born with the "patient seamstress" gene?

That statement is impatient! crap! I'm already getting frustrated. More Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment