Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Weather Contd.

Fall weather makes me exceedingly happy and inspired. It must be my devout interest in Victorian Thrillers and deep brooding romantic characters like Heathcliffe that make me so giddy on rainy days.I watched Wuthering Heights and North and South on Netflix. It felt wonderful!!



 I continued to work on my polka dot dress today, hoping to finish. I made the sleeves, put the elastic in the waist, and put one sleeve in.

Elastic going into the waist seam. I created a casing of the seam allowances and slid the elastic through with a safety pin at one end.
 While working away on putting the first sleeve in, I needed to finish the seams on the sleeve opening, and went to my trusty serger for that. I wasn't paying close enough attention as I was serging, and I cut a giant hole in my sleeve....%#$@%!!!! I hate making mistakes like this; mistakes that are so stupid and ridiculous that all I can think is a slurry of cuss words in my head (I must protect Bridgette's innocence). Only solution: cut out a new sleeve and do it again. Ugh. Let the brooding begin.

The hole.

It's not that noticeable, right? .....right? @#$$#^!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ellen, at least you know how to make a brand new sleeve! My mom bought a great new shirt and asked me to cut the tag off and I cut a big chunk out of the back along with the tag. And neither of us could fix it ourselves... :(

    Its looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of fall thrillers, one you might enjoy is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. It's also been made into a movie directed by Hitchcock. I haven't seen the movie, but the book was good.

    The dress is looking nice...so sorry about the hole!

    ReplyDelete