Thursday, October 28, 2010

AND on that note...

To feel better about myself and my designing abilities today, I decided to take it easy and make two knit shirts. Easy because I've made it before and I know my pattern is perfect for me, so no alterations or changes needed. 

The first shirt I made is out of a knit jersey I bought at Joanne's. I love the print on it. It reminds me of Oscar de la Renta. I added the lace detail on the neck, because, well I'm a sucker for lace. My body looks much better today than it did yesterday.... the power of good design.


The next one I made is out of a black ponte knit I bought online. I bought about ten yards of this stuff (had a coupon) and this is the first time I used it.. but not the last! I LOOVEE ponte knits. The best, most flattering material I've ever worked with to date. 

I added my fabric flowers on the neckline because I can't live without embellishments. It's a crime against femininity. 


My camera sucks. And all the junk that looks like fuzz isn't. It's junk on my mirrior. loovely. 

Which shirt is your favorite?

Would you like to buy one of my shirts? I can make it for you for $50 a piece! Email me if you are interested (address on sidebar). 

2 comments:

  1. Love them both! The black one is my favorite; I could never have enough cute black tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got the "Oscar de la Renta" fabric! it looks awesome. Glad you made more shirts, it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete