Long story short: I figured out my coverstitch on my serger last Thursday. Yay!! I was so relieved. I went back to Bernina-nuttall right down the street from me, the expert was there, and she helped me figure it out. THANK YOU BERNINA-NUTTALL.
|This is what my serger was doing as a "coverstitch" before I figured it out. Not Pretty. Turns out I wasn't threading my looper correctly.|
Now that my serger and I had made up, we both descided to get to work finishing the houndstooth dress. Boy, did it turn out wonderful!!
The rope detail on the neckline I was able to put on my dress with the coverstitch on my serger....pretty sturdy and way more efficient than any other sewing machine. I couldn't believe that it could sew through rope like it did. Pretty beastly. I was also able to hem the sleeves and skirt of the dress, of course. I love my serger now!!