I can't believe it. I really can't. I never thought until yesterday that I could make a jacket pattern myself. But I did! I've read that chapter in my pattern-making textbook multiple times, and I never really understood how simple it really was adopting a bodice pattern to a jacket pattern-- but it is! I am a jacket pattern virgin no more! It really is all about adding some width to the side seams, lowering the arm-scye, and opening the neck line up a bit. After that, it's all about design choices.
Pictured above is the muslin mock-up I made of the jacket I am planning. It fits really good, but I am still deciding on what to do for the neckline and collar. I know I want a simple standing collar to go down the neck opening and "vanish" once it hits Center Front. My CF opening will be fastened with larger hook and eye closures-- no overlap of any kind. And elbow length sleeves because I hate long sleeves.
I am really really proud of myself. This is just another step in becoming a great sewer! I feel like after this jacket is done, I'll make a wool coat from my own pattern, and then wedding dress/ evening gown, and then pants. I love this new-found ambition!