Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I celebrate graduating from the largest private school in the west?

A friend of mine has a sister who inherited a bunch of vintage patterns, and I was able to snag a few from her the other day. I thought it was a great reward for completing finals and actually being a college grad. Nothing says "adult college grad" like vintage. 


There are elements in all the patterns that I would like to mix and match with some of my own designs, from the sleeve variations, the tuck details, and of course the collars, which are my favorite design element in any garment.

I can't believe I am done with school forever. It seems weird because I have no one to report to and all my plans are my own now. I am my own teacher, boss, and employee. I feel so free.

Since school is over, blogging will take more precedence. ill be able to sew all I like and post all i like because i dont have homework! or class! or tests!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for finishing! Yeah for more blogging and sewing!

    I can't freaking wait for my dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicty 5609 - made it when it wasn't vintage, bet i still have the pattern, but probably not the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting and rewarding! congratulations.

    i'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    your coat turned out amazing. but i knew it would;)

    ReplyDelete