Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My new journey begins.

Yesterday I started on my first non-PD dress with my new adventurous sewing spirit! I am using the base pattern of the PD to work with this knit dress, but I am modifying it a lot so it doesn't look like it came out of the Gap. I'm sewing my first wrap-around top and petal skirt! The top is a little low, so I may be scrapping the whole thing and cutting a newer modest one. I tried adding scallops to the neckline to make it higher, but it just looks dumb and "home made" (a home sewer's worst night mare). Tomorrow I'll hopefully have pictures of me actually wearing the dress. I'm SO excited for the skirt, because in the front opening that the two petals make, will be some great floral print chiffon that will peek out the hem of the skirt. I've never done anything like this, and I like it so far! Yay for adventurous spirit!

The skirt laid out. I added some deep diagonal pleats at the waist. The back of the skirt will just be flat so my ba-donka-donka doesn't look any more "ba-donk".

The scallops have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment